email   Email Us: info@lupinepublishers.com phone   Call Us: +1 (914) 407-6109   57 West 57th Street, 3rd floor, New York - NY 10019, USA

Lupine Publishers Group

Lupine Publishers

ISSN: 2637-4544

Interventions in Gynaecology and Women's Healthcare

Research Article(ISSN: 2637-4544)

Calponin 1 Serum Level A Biological Marker for Preterm Labor Predictability

Volume 2 - Issue 4

Mohamed Ibrahim Taema1* and Rania Ali Ammar Abd El Hakim2

  • Author Information Open or Close
    • 1Lecturer of obstetrics and gynecology, Ain Shams University
    • 2Assistant Professor of clinical and chemical pathology, Ain Shams University

    *Corresponding author: Mohamed Ibrahim Taema, Lecturer of obstetrics and gynecology, Ain Shams University, Egypt

Received: August 23, 2018;   Published: August 29, 2018

DOI: 10.32474/IGWHC.2018.02.000141

Full Text PDF

To view the Full Article   Peer-reviewed Article PDF

Abstract

Aim: To evaluate and assess the value of measuring calponin 1 serum level in maternal circulation as a predictability tool for preterm labor within 1 week in cases affected with threatened preterm delivery.

Methodology: cases clinically presenting at 24-34 gestational weeks with threatened preterm labor undergone sample collection for measuring calponin 1 serum level simultaneously with cervical length assessment. With follow up performed in a prospective manner till time of birth assessment and perinatal clinical outcomes of recruited subjects have been collected and tabulated for analysis.

Results: One hundred forty-seven patients affected by threatened preterm labor symptoms, between 24 and 33 + 6gestational weeks have been enrolled in the research study. 71cases (48.3%) delivered within 1 week from admission (group-A) and the remaining 76 cases (51.7%) delivered after 1 week from admission (group-B). Statistical correlations between the time interval between admission and delivery and cervical length& calponin-1 at admissions were significantly positive (0.387, p<0.001) & significantly negative (-0.470, p<0.001) respectively while it was between cervical length and calponin-1 at admissions significantly negative (-0.413, p<0.001). Cervical length and calponin-1 at admissions had moderate Diagnostic performance in predicting delivery within 1 week from admission that not markedly increased if having any of them or by combination in a regression equation.

Conclusion: measuring and evaluating calponin 1 level in maternal serum could be a useful biological marker in short-range time period for predictability of preterm delivery within patients affected by threatened preterm delivery clinical presentation, besides cervical length dimension measuring.

Abstract| Introduction| Aim of the Work| Methodology| Results| Statistical Analysis| Discussion| Conclusion| References|

Close

Online Submission System

Drag and drop files here

or

Browse Files
( For multiple files submission, zip them in a single file to submit. For file zipping software Download )